2 Medium Gold Beets
2 Medium Red Eeets
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ Cup Pine Nuts
2 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Goat Cheese
1. If you purchased beets with the greens attached, cut the stems off just above the root of the beet and discard.
2. Wash beets under cold water to remove any dirt. Peel the beets, then cut off both ends and discard. Cut the beets into 1 inch cubes or wedges and place in a baking dish. (If baking different-colored beets, use two separate dishes.) Wear gloves to prevent staining your hands.
3. Drizzle the beets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add warm water to the baking dish(es) to come up about 1/4 inch high. Cover tightly with foil.
3. Place beets in the preheated oven. Bake until they are tender and pierce easily with a fork, about 30-40 minutes depending on the size. Check them after 25 minutes.
4. Heat a small saute pan over medium heat.
5. Once pan is warm, add the pine nuts and toast until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Keep a close watch and shake pan often to prevent burning.
6. Place the beets in a large mixing bowl or serving bowl. Drizzle with white balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
7. Top the beets with crumbled goat cheese and pine nuts.
8. Transfer the roasted beets with goat cheese and pine nuts to a serving bowl or dinner plates. Ready to eat!
Cooking Planit is a website and mobile app that provides you with step-by-step instructions to create full meals with every dish ready to serve at the same time. Essentially a “GPS for the kitchen,” the app also provides options to filter recipes by main ingredient, occasion and dietary restriction. Each of the 600 chef-tested recipes displays a full list of ingredients and necessary cooking utensils, enabling everyone– from the experienced to the curious – to discover new flavors with minimal fuss and maximum success.