Lately, I have been becoming bored with the regular routine. While most of the time it’s nice to repeat the same actions day in and day out, as it creates a pattern and comfort, there are times when these consistencies become monotonous. For the past two years, I have ordered the same flavored latte from Starbucks on the way to work and rarely deviated from my “usual.” Today, to make my day a bit more interesting, I ordered a regular iced coffee and made the decision to start spicing up my order on occasion. This might have been an insignificant change to most people, but for a morning treat, it was enough to make me smile and have a completely new outlook on the day.
Doing the same things every day can get tedious and hard to deal with on occasion, especially if you happen to be a person who thrives on constant change and diversity in your life. Sometimes you just need to get out there and make life happen for you! What is the best way to add flavor to your routine and create a new precedent for yourself?
- Interact with people. If you’re constantly burying yourself in your work or keeping your headphones in when people walk by you in the office, how are you supposed to be open to change? The best moments are sometimes the most random, so keep your eye out for opportunities to communicate with others – you could end up making some new contacts or confidants!
- Keep an open mind. If you’re stuck in one routine and are not open to whatever comes your way, nothing is going to change in your life. In order to have the life with the diversity that you want, you have to keep your eyes peeled and your adventure-loving heart open! If you are not making snap judgments on what or who you run into, you could possibly snag some interesting opportunities you wouldn’t have otherwise. You might even meet some cool people in the process – you never know what you might find!
- Be the initiator. If you’re not getting the results you want in terms of friendships or plans, take the initiative yourself! You can’t just sit there and expect others to be mind readers. Maybe you have the opportunity to go to lunch with new people or join in an after-work drink. Sometimes you have to make the call yourself or you will never know what you missed out on!
- Make your own adventures. Sometimes, you just have to do stuff for on your own. Maybe nothing interesting is going on at lunchtime or in the office and you just need to get out into the open air. Go for a walk and explore the area by yourself; it’s really not that difficult. You don’t need another person to enjoy yourself – just imagination! Take a new route around the vicinity or pull out a book or your musical device. The world is your oyster if you just believe in the power of your choices, no matter how small they may seem!
- Be true to your dreams. If you have some aspirations that no one else seems to be interested in, should that really be an issue? You are who you are and no one can tell you what to like. If you have dreams to write a novel or become a singer-songwriter, you just have to have the guts to go for it. Do what excites you! No one else but you should be dictating your life goals or making it seem like your dreams don’t matter. Only you can accomplish what you want to in your life, so get out there and start planning!
In the long run, most of the ways that you can make your days worthwhile is if you put your heart and soul into what you do. Plan out your dreams, aspirations, and put yourself out there when you need to. Keep your confidence strong and your mind open. There are limitless opportunities in this world and if you don’t make yourself available to what comes your way, how will you grow? Every day can be exciting if you just believe that you can change your life day by day. Work toward making every second count! Show your unshakable confidence and everything will fall into place. Your life is worth the effort you put into it!